Information is now available for the Spring 2015 Regional. Click here to view the Regional information.
Please click on the link below to download the 2015 -2107 Election Ballot. Please note the following:
1. Voter must be a current member of Little People of America
2. Voter must be 18 years or older.
3. Voter must write Member Name, Chapter # and Date of Birth on Ballot. Otherwise, ballot will not count.
4. Ballot must be posted marked by January 10th, 2015
You can download the mail-in ballot Here.
The District Treasurer position has two members running.
It's time to register for the Fall 2014 Regional at KeyLime Cove in Gurnee, IL.
Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Mark, Jennifer, & Pete Johnson's home
705 N. 14th St.
Wausau WI 54403
RSVP to Cindy Densmore
MESSAGE FROM HOST
The Johnson's have graciously offered to host our summer chapter picnic/cookout at their home!!
We will provide the meat, Chef Johnson has offered to grill it for us!! Bring your favorite dish to share. To prevent duplicates, post a note and let us know what yummy dish you will be bringing!
Chapter elections will also be taking place
Looking forward to seeing everyone! Don't forget your lawn chairs!
Sad to hear the news of Dick Papen's passing he was a long time member and district 6 director in the 90's.
Papen, Richard A. March 20, 2014, surrounded by family, Dick left us peacefully at the age of 82. Beloved husband of Cathie (nee Schrader). Devoted father of Carmen (Don) Daley and Charlie Papen. Proud grandpa of Landon and Braden. Also lovingly remembered by sisters, brothers, other family and friends. Dick devoted much of his life to the ministry of his faith. This even included his career at Liturgical Publications where his career included Sales, Management positions and Vice President of Sales. In retirement Dick continued his commitment to his faith by a mixture of jobs that always helped those in need. Visitation will be held at the Funeral Home on Thursday, March 27th from 4 to 7 PM. Visitation will be held on Friday, March 28th at St. Joseph Church in Wauwatosa (12130 W. Center St.) from 10 AM until the Mass of Christian Burial at 11 AM. Reception and then graveside services to follow at Glenview Memorial Garden, Ixonia. Memorials may be given to Little People of America or St. Joseph Church. Dick was a Notre Dame Alumnus and a life-long avid supporter. "Go Irish"
Here is Richard's online Obituary.
Support Little People of America - District 6
Friday May 16, 2014
4:00 - 8:00pm
Living Hope Church
777 Meachum Rd
Elk Grove Village, IL
If anyone is interested in volunteering, donating raffle items, or purchasing tickets can contact Krystle at 847-529-8382 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information and printable flyer.
** All proceeds will benefit Little People of America - District 6 Regional Conference and Scholarship Funds..
March 7 Deadline to Declare Intent to Run for Board of Directors Position
This year is a great time to get involved with Little People of America. 2014 is an Election Year for Little People of America, (LPA). Eleven members sit on the LPA Board of Directors. All 11 seats are up for election. A Board Term is three years and each position has a two-term limit.
Serving as a board member is challenging and rewarding experience. The Board holds at least four meetings each year. Meetings include daylong meetings during the National Conference and quarterly two-hour conference calls. In addition to the four meetings, each position carries specific responsibilities which at least several hours a week to time. With this commitment, LPA Board Members have the opportunity to represent the membership, manage programs, lead policy efforts, and build the organization.
All members of LPA are invited to review the positions and the eligibility criteria for the positions. Qualified members are encouraged to run for a board position. The deadline for declaring intent to run for a position is March 7, 2014. To declare your intent, send an email to Gary Arnold (President, email@example.com) and Ron Piro (National Election Committee,RonPiro@aol.com ). Include in the email your full name, contact information, and the position you are interested in.
Senior Vice President
Public Relations Director
Fund Development Director
Eastern Regional At-Large Representative
Central Regional At-Large Representative
Western Regional At-Large Representative
A. The President and Senior Vice President must have been an active eligible voting member for four membership years and have served in an elected or appointed position at the national, district or chapter level for at least two membership years.
B. Directors must have been active eligible voting members for three membership years.
C. Candidates shall make their intent of running for a position on the Board of Directors known 120 days prior to a national election, by notifying the Voting/Election Committee or President in writing.
D. Candidate is not required to be a person of short stature.
E. Voting shall be by the membership. The Board of Directors will vote in the case of a tie. The candidate who receives the most popular votes shall be elected. Mail-in ballots will be used.
1. Shall preside at all national meetings of the members, meetings of the Board of Directors.
2. Shall appoint all temporary committees.
3. Shall assist the Programs Director with all committees and communications, which involve confidential personal and financial information. She/He will assist with Grants and Loans awarded by Little People of America, Inc.
4. Shall recruit Committee Chairpersons for all standing Committees and bring recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval.
5. Shall oversee the following Committees: Bylaws and Policy, Executive, and Personnel, and any Committee not specifically assigned to another Director or Vice President.
6. Shall be the District Director coordinator and be responsible for encouraging and providing support to all Districts and District Directors.
G. Senior Vice President
1. Shall, in the absence of the President at meetings, assume the duties of the President.
2. Shall be chapter coordinator and be responsible for encouraging and establishing new chapters in appropriate areas.
3. Shall oversee responsibilities as assigned by the President.
4. Shall assist District Directors with the development of local membership not served by chapters.
5. Shall oversee the Employment and Historian Committees.
H. Finance Director
1. Shall review and make recommendations to the Board of Directors on all investment decisions and strategies as defined by the Finance Committee.
2. Shall establish and maintain guidelines for approval by the Board of Directors for safeguarding of assets.
3. Shall define, implement and monitor all internal financial controls of LPA Inc.
4. Shall review with other members of the Board of Directors and respond to recommendations made by the Finance Committee.
5. Shall make recommendations to the Board of Directors on the allocation of funds for all grants and loans awarded by LPA.
6. Shall oversee the Finance Committee.
I. Membership Director
1. Shall be responsible for overseeing the development and maintenance of programs that meet the concerns of the members.
2. Shall oversee the following Committees: Parent, Young Adult, Teen, Older Adults, International and Information Technology.
3. Shall be responsible for overseeing the database and staff, contractors, and volunteers with access to the database.
J. Programs Director
1. Shall meet the specialized needs of the dwarfism community population through grant and loan programs.
2. Shall oversee the programs that allocate funds to applicants in the short stature community.
3. Develop further programs deemed necessary and beneficial to the membership and general dwarfism community.
4. Shall oversee the Adoption Committee.
K. Public Relations Director
1. Shall inform and educate the public about LPA and our concerns.
2. Shall be responsible for coordinating and managing those activities dealing with public relations and publicity for the organization.
3. Shall oversee those committees that deal with the media and public relations and the Outreach Committees.
4. Shall be responsible for working with the LPA Today editor and supervise activity.
L. Advocacy Director
1. Shall inform and educate the disability community about LPA and our concerns.
2. Shall represent LPA at disability awareness meetings and with disability organizations.
3. The Advocacy Director will cover all aspects of advocacy – participating with the disability community, medical advocacy with health insurance issues, employment advocacy, school advocacy, and other areas that may impact the dwarfism community.
4. Shall oversee the Advocacy Committee.
M. Fund Development Director
1. Shall work with the Board of Directors and LPA Staff on identifying fundraising goals.
2. Shall be responsible for research and application for applicable grants and granting programs on behalf of LPA.
3. Shall oversee the Fundraising Committee.
N. Eastern Regional At-Large Representative
1. Shall be a member of, a representative of, and liaison for Districts 1, 2, 5, 3, 13 and 4.
O. Central Regional At-Large Representative
1. Shall be a member of, a representative of, and liaison for Districts 6, 9, 7, and 8.
P. Western Regional At-Large Representative
1. Shall be a member of, representative of, and liaison for Districts. 10, 11 and 12.
Q. Regional Representatives
Regional Representatives will be involved in, or lead, any special projects, committee positions or needs as voted on or identified by the Board of Directors
Regional Representatives will be voted in to office by the regions from which they serve.
Regional Representatives do not need to have prior chapter or district experience, however they must have an interest in serving the national organization and preferably some demonstrated skills to bring to the job and Board of Directors.
Regional Representatives shall be responsible to run a fundraising effort to benefit the national organization once a year. A fundraising effort may be as simple as a letter campaign, or a more organized effort with in the Districts they serve. A budget for fundraising efforts must be presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
Don't forget to mail-in your Spring registration form BEFORE February 15th.